Well, I hope you got around to voting on some interactive fiction because now the time’s up, voices have been tallied, and another IFComp has ended. Which means it’s time for a brief glance at… the top 10? Yeah. Sure. Let’s go with the ten best!
As some of you may recall, a grand total of 82 entries were submitted, and – believe it or not – every last one received a ranking. I mean, they obviously didn’t all win, as only the #1 spot is really a winner. Even so, I’d still say placing in the top 10 is pretty darn impressive, which is why I’ve listed that particular lot below, along with a vod of the announcement stream and links to each and every tale.
Most interesting of the big ten? Hmm… I’d have to go with #8, Limerick Heist, which is without a doubt a heist-y tale unlike any other. #1’s Zozzled, which was supposed to be full of giggle juice, does seem quite amusing too, however. Ah right, the list!
- Zozzled (Steph Cherrywell)
- Turandot (Victor Gijsbers)
- Chuk and the Arena (Agnieszka Trzaska)
- Sugarlawn (Mike Spivey)
- Heretic’s Hope (G.C. Baccaris)
- robotsexpartymurder (Hanon Ondricek)
- Night Guard / Morning Star (Astrid Dalmady)
- Limerick Heist (Pace Smith)
- Poppet (Bitter Karella)
- Skies Above (Arthur DiBianca)