Late last month I sent out a call to arms of sorts, telling aspiring GameMaker Studio 2 developers that now was the time to submit their game to the GameMaker Awards 2021. The result (although obviously far from exclusively because of my coverage)? More than 200 entries! Time to vote on Best Game and Most Anticipated.
Voting will be open until June 29th, and if you want to show some support for your favorite among the finalists, please remember to use #GMAwards on social media. Shoutout to the judges for their hard work. Oh, the finalists? Right! Here we go…
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale – a top-down adventure game in a coloring book world full of vibrant characters.
- Colt Canyon – Shoot your way through a hostile canyon full of treasures, weapons, obstacles and bloodthirsty scum!
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! – Cook, serve and manage your food truck as you dish out hundreds of different foods.
- Jet Lancer – a high-velocity aerial combat shooter – hunt giant robots, and defy death at supersonic speeds
- Post Void – a hypnotic scramble of early first-person shooter design that values speed above all else.
MOST ANTICIPATED GAME
- APICO – a laid-back beekeeping sim game about breeding, collecting, & conserving bees!
- Jitsu Squad – 4 Player Co-op Beat ‘Em Up that’s all about INSANE FAST PACED ACTION.
- LUNARK – a 2D cinematic platformer in the vein of ’80s and ’90s classics.
- NYKRA – You arrived from the outer realms of our dimension, asking unanswerable questions.
- Toodee and Topdee – A cosmic turbulence caused the worlds of Toodee and Topdee to merge with each other.