It’s that time of the year again. That magical time during which developers rush to get their IGF 2021 submission in! Lots of indie games, lots of winners (eventually), and lots of celebrations at the next GDC.
Don’t ya just love having an entire festival dedicated to indie games? I mean, this one has been running for several decades now, so surely someone out there does, and I for one am thankful for that! Yes, decades. No, you didn’t misread, that wasn’t a typo, and wow, that’s actually a really long time – even more so with over $50,000 in the prize pool. A lot of developers are going to be competing and there are a lot of categories to compete in, but still. Lots of money, lots of games, lots of… good stuff.
The Independent Games Festival is the longest-running and highest profile independent video game festival, summit and showcase. It has served as a springboard for several games that have gone on to become critical and cultural hits.
Make sure you get that project submitted in time, eh? Important dates/deadlines are listed below, just in case. For more details (and to confirm I didn’t get any of the dates wrong), head on over to the announcement post.
Long live the awesomeness that is IGF!
- December 7, 2020 – Submissions are Open
- February 1, 2021 – Submission Deadline
- Early May, 2021 – IGF Finalists Announced
- July 19 – July 23, 2021 – Game Developers Conference 2021
- July 19 – July 20, 2021 – Independent Games Summit @ GDC 2021
- July 21 – July 23, 2021 – IGF Pavilion @ GDC 2021
- July 21, 2021 – IGF Awards Ceremony (Winners announced)