It’s that time of the year again. That matical time during which developers fall over one another to get their IGF 2019 submission in, because… they’re now officially open! Lots of indie games, lots of winners – eventually – and lots of celebrations at next GDC. Good stuff.
Don’t ya just love having an entire festival dedicated to indie games? I mean, someone surely does, because this one has been running for several decades now. Decades. That’s a long time, and even more so with over $50,000 in the prize pool. I mean, a lot of developers are going to be competing and there are a lot of categories to compete in, but still. Lots of money, lots of games.
The Independent Games Festival is the longest-running and highest profile independent video game festival, summit and showcase. It has served as a springboard for several games that have gone on to become critical and cultural hits.
So… make sure you get that project submitted in time, eh? Important dates / deadlines are listed below, for clarity. For more details, head on over to the announcement post. Long live the mighty IGF!
- July 30, 2018 – Submissions are Open
- October 1, 2018 – Submission Deadline
- Early January, 2019 – IGF Finalists Announced
- March 18 – March 22, 2019 – Game Developers Conference 2019
- March 18 – March 19, 2019 – Independent Games Summit @ GDC 2019
- March 20 – March 22, 2019 – IGF Pavilion @ GDC 2019
- March 20, 2019 – IGF Awards Ceremony (Winners announced)