It did take Grundislav Games a while to wrap this one up, but now fans can finally experience the thrilling conclusion to the long-running Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator adventure series!
I reported on the release date close to 3 months ago and I’ll admit that I fully expected Francisco Gonzalez to release it sometime later today, but since he was ready ahead of schedule, mere minutes after midnight the game saw a release! Awesome.
In this final chapter of the series, Ben will learn the truths hidden in the past and the present, which he will use to finally confront the mad man threatening his future.
As always I aim to keep it as spoiler-free as possible, so that’s all I’ve got on the story. New to the series? Then I’d definitely recommend starting with the first game in order for it all to make sense. Oh and they’re all available for the incredible price of absolutely nothing and of course, DRM-free:
- Ben Jordan Case 1: In Search of the Skunk-Ape
- Ben Jordan Case 2: The Lost Galleon of the Salton Sea
- Ben Jordan Case 3: The Sorceress of Smailholm
- Ben Jordan Case 4: Horror at Number 50
- Ben Jordan Case 5: Land of the Rising Dead
- Ben Jordan Case 6: Scourge of the Sea People
- Ben Jordan Case 7: The Cardinal Sins
- Ben Jordan Case 8: Relics of the Past
I’d say that over the years, Grundislav Games have proved that the point ‘n’ click genre is still alive, and thanks to Adventure Game Studio, which was also used to create the Ben Jordan series, many other adventure game developers have been able to turn their ideas into real games and release them. Why don’t you try some, after you’re done with Ben Jordan?
(Update: 10/9-23 Fixed broken links.)